Thursday, October 1, 2009

Prayers Update 10/1/09

Friends and family,

Hi, it's Christy again. I wanted to update you and thank you for your continued prayers. My dad's oxygen equipment that was delivered last night at 7 pm seems to be working well and we are hoping will continue to do so. Also, his appointment with the oncologist today went well. The oncologist saw him two years ago and remembered him, so upon seeing my dad wanted to know what was with the oxygen. After running some tests and returning with the lab work, the oncologist said "Praise God" and reported that all was well with the cancer issue. So yes, Praise God!! One less thing on my dad's plate.

I wanted to mention again the prayer pager we are using for my dad (and Debbie) as an encouragement tool. Some people have mentioned it's been a while since they have "paged" anyone, so here's what you need to do:
1. pray for my dad :) 2. Dial:561-230-0012 3. After you hear beep, beep, beep put in your phone number AND push the # key and let it beep 3 times. Once you have done that, again know that even if my dad doesn't know where the page is coming from, he will stop and take a moment to say a prayer of thanks for you! This has been such a neat tool and I know my dad has been overwhelmed with the number of pages he's gotten. As I just wrote this last bit, a song by Allen Asbury called "Somebody's Praying Me Through" came to mind. This is so true right now. (PS. Dad, sorry this is part of me being the one in charge of sending these emails out, you don't always get to know what I'll say first:)) I know that Grandma and Grandpa Hornsby (his mom and dad) are still praying for him from Heaven while sipping on coffee and eating chocolate chip cookies. I know there are so many people my dad hasn't been in touch with over the years that are praying for him. I also know that there are many other people that we don't even know but it's a friend of a friend of a friend who is praying for him. So thank you for all your prayers! I know it's very encouraging to my dad!



Anyway, I'll post the song on the blog. If you for some reason want to go back and read all the updates, I post a copy of each email that's sent out on the blog as well. The blog can be found by going to http://rickhornsby.blogspot.com/
There is a place at the end of each "post" to leave a comment if you'd like.

That's all for today.

One of my old teachers from middle school shared verses with me that I thought are fitting. Isaiah 41:10, 13. Look them up and keep looking up!

Christy

3 comments:

rick hornsby said...

Another great picture of a little girl praying...our youngest granddaughter!!
Thank you to everyone for their prayers.

Anonymous said...

We will continually be praying for you Mr. Hornsby! You have an amazing daughter whose strength and active faith during this time impresses me, and I know makes you proud. My husband and I have committed to praying for you, Christy, and all your other family. We don't "know" you, but as your brother and sister in Christ we love you!- The Williams Family, 77FS

Anonymous said...

Christy,
You don't know me. I just met your dad via the telephone. I went to Bill Schott's class on "Christ in the O.T.". My husband, "Rick", and I missed 3 of his classes, so I explained to him on our break, that I take my Rick to Moffitt Cancer Ctr on Tues. every month, as he has StageIV cancer and Parkinson's Disease; and I have IPF. I was just recently diagnosed. Mr. Schott went to visit your mother the next morning. I immediately received an email from her. I was so.o overwhelmed that someone I don't even know was encouraging us and telling me "we will help you through this journey"! Wow! I couldn't bring myself to phone your dad, Rick,(as your mom provided his cell # to me). Finally I phoned. We played phone tag, and this week we finally spoke. Your dad shared his testimony of his "Breath of Life" with us, prayed with us and definitely encouraged us; gave us hope.One of our daughter's names is Christy also, (Christina Marie). I am inspired by reading your blogs! I am encouraged by your faith and your gift of helps! You have done a miraculous job with this blog! (I've never read a blog before!LOL!) You and your family are an inspiration! We share a GREAT, AWESOME GOD! I just opened my Bible to your quoted verse, IS.41:10...it is underlined in my Bible, as God just gave me this verse this week in my personal devotion time! Your blog cite is a confirmation: "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Thank you Christy! I/We (my Rick and I), look forward to meeting this wonderful Hornsby clan!
Your Sister and Brother in Christ, Cherie & Rick Friedland (Calvary "Chapelites since behind Albertson's!)