Let me just start by using the line I've used so many times in the past week, GOD ROCKS! My dad is "home" from the hospital and has had a great 24 hours since being released. I talked with him last night and he sounded tired after getting out and getting settled in but today he was so excited and relaxed. He didn't sleep well last night he said, but he was encouraged by all the people he talked to today and how they all said he sounded great. I can vouch for that b/c I talked with him again tonight and he sounded awesome! He took two walks today, one for 6 minutes and one for 7 minutes outside in the neighborhood where he is staying (this was after his first real shower since surgery which was refreshing). He had to take it slow due to having to get his legs stronger, moreso his left leg as he had the issue with the left side of his body after surgery, but overall he felt great. After taking the walks, my dad checked his oxygen levels and they were at 99%. That's higher than they were before he even had this disease! Incredible! I still can't believe that only a week ago were we sitting here wondering if the surgery would help and still questioning life. How can anyone question life after this past week? The picture attached is of him and Debbie at our friend's house at dinner tonight. Pretty good for a week after life saving surgery!

The thing to pray specifically for is the recovery process. He's still having to rehab physically and has to continue working out his respiratory system as well. We have heard that 50% of transplant patients end up back in the hospital for one reason or another within the first two weeks of being released. Please pray my dad is not in that 50% and that God continues to work on him. He has already told many people to watch out for one reason or another, whether it's golf or even a 5K! I have had quite a few people ask again for the address where they are going to be for the next few months, so here it is again.
Rick or Debbie Hornsby
C/O Sonneborn
3807 Hunt Club Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Also, please continue to keep up the prayer pager! (That number is 561-230-0012) As we've all seen the past week, it's amazing to see the power of prayer. Have I said lately that God rocks?!? Don't forget to keep tabs with the blog as well. There have been a few "extras" posted on there that can't be sent via email like a video and a few other things. http://rickhornsby.blogspot.com/
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Job 33:4,
Christy
PS. Go Dolphins! Beat the JETS! ;)
2 comments:
AMAZING!!! I'm SOOO excited for you all. We continue to pray each day...even miss Madilyn is bowing her head at her bedtime prayer for Miss Christy's daddy. We love you all!
There's only one response that I can come up with, "I stand amazed...and yet I'm not...God is so good!" Rick you are a living testimony of God's awesome grace and love.
Post a Comment