Family and friends,
I am overjoyed to be able to send this update to let you all know that at 2:30 this morning, my dad was out of his DOUBLE lung transplant after just 4 hours and 40 minutes!!! I got chills as I just wrote that. They usually say a single should take 4-6 hours and God just continued to work with the surgeons and nurses as they worked around the clock making sure my dad will be once again be given the Breath of Life!
Judging by Uncle Steve's status' throughout the wee hours of the morning when I decided I finally needed sleep, at 4:10 am him and Debbie got to go in and see my dad and said all was well. He obviously was still sedated but everything looked great. Deb then went back to a family friend's house to get a few hours of sleep and Steve stuck around the Mayo Clinic. He apparently made his way to visiting with a family of a husband and father who has cancer and around midnight had suffered a stroke. The family was called in and things were not looking good. Steve sat and prayed with the family and when the doctor came in, he reported that the gentleman should be fine. Miracles keep happening!
At 630 Uncle Steve was back in his room and things were still looking good.
Please pray today as the doctors and nurses bring him out of the sedation that he is not too uncomfortable and as they take the tubes out of his new lungs! We hear that there is a very uncomfortable feeling with the tube being removed but what an awesome thing it will be when my dad gets those first breaths of his new life on his own!
Here is the 9:00 AM update from my Uncle Steve up at the Mayo Clinic. Someone call him and tell him to get some sleep ;) Just kidding, he told me he would once they see my dad awake.
9:00AM UPDATE from MAYO HOSPITAL
Just saw Rick again with new staff of nurses for the day until 7:00PM. They said he was doing
just fine. Blood /Oxygen levels are good...and he was actually getting a breathing treatment.
His vitals are strong. Dr.Keller was pleased by what he sees. I also briefly spoke with Dr Agnew
(Surgical Team Leader last night) and Dan Beck..another doctor on the Team. Both were pleased
by all that they see and said he is doing great.
Rick's dedication to good health and what he and Debbie have done to make sure he was disciplined
to exercise as long as he did before are going to be a total blessing in his recovery. I did tell Rick while
holding his left hand that hundreds and hundreds if not thousands had been and continued to pray for him,
Debbie, and the entire family. The process of weaning him off of the sedation will begin soon...and we will
not be allowed to be in the room during that time frame.
Thank you for all your continued love, prayers, and support. I expressed all of that to Rick as well...but he
will not know anything I am telling him for awhile yet. I pray God will bless Each of You as He has Rick
and his family today.
Keep Looking UP!!
Love...Steve
So there you have it folks. God is still in control. I am seriously thinking about having my dad write a book about his journey and I believe it would be a best seller! I am still in awe this morning after a few hours of sleep on how God has worked through all this. I will possibly send an update later this afternoon, but at the rate things have been moving, maybe my DAD will be sending it. Just kidding. Anyway, thank you ALL for your prayers and dedication throughout the night checking in on the updates with my dad. My dad was probably praying for all of us in his unconscious state and probably wondering why we all weren't trying to get some sleep instead. We are SO blessed! Also, please know that if you send an email reply to my dad I am checking them, however I'm not sure when Debbie will get back on email. I am saving them though. This has been an amazing journey. God rocks!
Job 33:4,
Christy
I am overjoyed to be able to send this update to let you all know that at 2:30 this morning, my dad was out of his DOUBLE lung transplant after just 4 hours and 40 minutes!!! I got chills as I just wrote that. They usually say a single should take 4-6 hours and God just continued to work with the surgeons and nurses as they worked around the clock making sure my dad will be once again be given the Breath of Life!
Judging by Uncle Steve's status' throughout the wee hours of the morning when I decided I finally needed sleep, at 4:10 am him and Debbie got to go in and see my dad and said all was well. He obviously was still sedated but everything looked great. Deb then went back to a family friend's house to get a few hours of sleep and Steve stuck around the Mayo Clinic. He apparently made his way to visiting with a family of a husband and father who has cancer and around midnight had suffered a stroke. The family was called in and things were not looking good. Steve sat and prayed with the family and when the doctor came in, he reported that the gentleman should be fine. Miracles keep happening!
At 630 Uncle Steve was back in his room and things were still looking good.
Please pray today as the doctors and nurses bring him out of the sedation that he is not too uncomfortable and as they take the tubes out of his new lungs! We hear that there is a very uncomfortable feeling with the tube being removed but what an awesome thing it will be when my dad gets those first breaths of his new life on his own!
Here is the 9:00 AM update from my Uncle Steve up at the Mayo Clinic. Someone call him and tell him to get some sleep ;) Just kidding, he told me he would once they see my dad awake.
9:00AM UPDATE from MAYO HOSPITAL
Just saw Rick again with new staff of nurses for the day until 7:00PM. They said he was doing
just fine. Blood /Oxygen levels are good...and he was actually getting a breathing treatment.
His vitals are strong. Dr.Keller was pleased by what he sees. I also briefly spoke with Dr Agnew
(Surgical Team Leader last night) and Dan Beck..another doctor on the Team. Both were pleased
by all that they see and said he is doing great.
Rick's dedication to good health and what he and Debbie have done to make sure he was disciplined
to exercise as long as he did before are going to be a total blessing in his recovery. I did tell Rick while
holding his left hand that hundreds and hundreds if not thousands had been and continued to pray for him,
Debbie, and the entire family. The process of weaning him off of the sedation will begin soon...and we will
not be allowed to be in the room during that time frame.
Thank you for all your continued love, prayers, and support. I expressed all of that to Rick as well...but he
will not know anything I am telling him for awhile yet. I pray God will bless Each of You as He has Rick
and his family today.
Keep Looking UP!!
Love...Steve
So there you have it folks. God is still in control. I am seriously thinking about having my dad write a book about his journey and I believe it would be a best seller! I am still in awe this morning after a few hours of sleep on how God has worked through all this. I will possibly send an update later this afternoon, but at the rate things have been moving, maybe my DAD will be sending it. Just kidding. Anyway, thank you ALL for your prayers and dedication throughout the night checking in on the updates with my dad. My dad was probably praying for all of us in his unconscious state and probably wondering why we all weren't trying to get some sleep instead. We are SO blessed! Also, please know that if you send an email reply to my dad I am checking them, however I'm not sure when Debbie will get back on email. I am saving them though. This has been an amazing journey. God rocks!
Job 33:4,
Christy
No comments:
Post a Comment