One of Kylie's friends shared this song with the family a few weeks ago and I can't get the song out of my head (nor can I get it added to the playlist on the right, but still wanted to share it). Maybe it's because it was posted in a memorial video for a young military mom/friend of mine who passed away last weekend hours after giving birth to her second son or maybe it's that the lyrics just hit home right now. As I watched Captain Giglio's wife today during the memorial service on base, I was in complete awe and amazement. Caring for a young daughter, carrying a baby boy in her belly, having to say goodbye to her high school sweetheart she's known for 16 years and somehow she still kept it together. I shared with her this past Tuesday night at a wives coffee how much her simple 5 words "How is your dad doing" impacted me. It brought tears to my eyes thanking her for that statement and it will bring tears to my eyes for a long time knowing one of her children will never get to meet his daddy. Until, that is, they all meet in Heaven again. That was addressed today in the very moving service that I will not soon forget. It is truly amazing what faith can do. Thanks Deborah for sharing the song. I'm sure I'll post more about it on my blog once I can gather myself enough to write a post for that reflecting on the past 6 weeks of life.
2 comments:
Christy:
I am so moved by your post and this song. I am moved by the faith and grace of your friend. Please know we are praying for your family, your dad, and those you love in the Air Force.
The Robinson/Stephens Family
Christy- Thanks for this song..
Post a Comment