Monday, October 5, 2009

Praise report Oct 5, 2009

Here is the latest report:

The neuro team came in and they have been pleased with his responses. Once I (Christy) walked in just a few minutes ago, he was alert and could open his eyes although you can tell he's not completely comfortable, but that's to be expected. I have a feeling they are going to start limiting visitors b/c his heart rate goes up with excitement knowing we are all by his side. He has use of his left side again, squeezed my hand and then worked to communicate with us "143" (which means I love you, brought back to life by the prayer pager and that's what I've paged him with so he'd know it was me) with Debbie, Uncle Steve, myself and my husband standing by his bed. He is really wanting the tube out which will hopefully happen soon. They just did a bronch to go look down the tube to check out his lungs and such and then go from there. This has been much better to see versus him laying with all the tubes coming from him yesterday. The doctors and nurses have been great. As long as we keep him from being too excitable I'm hoping they won't all kick us out.

Christy

Mon Oct 5 9AM Update

From Rick's Room: PRAISE GOD !
The Neuro Team came by a few minutes ago and Rick responded to ALL
of their requests for movement: eyes, mouth, head, right & left hands and legs,
and they were totally pleased. No further tests are needed, and God has again told us;
"I am in control. Do not worry: I have Rick in My Healing Hands".
Love to Everyone from Rick who gave us a Thumbs up moments ago. He is now
off of the sedation...and alert and wanting the tube out..which we hope will be
very soon. He is still on the breathing tube and we are looking forward to that
being removed here this morning. A new team of doctors are here now and I will
update again as soon as more news is available.

Matthew 6: 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously,
and he will give you everything you need.

Love you ALL
Steve


10 AM Update from Uncle Steve.
Debbie, Eric, Christy, and I were witness to a "Discovery Channel Trip into Rick's New Lungs"
via Dr. Alvarez's Fiber Optic Camera. We are all amazed at the technology that is in use today;
and want all of you to know Rick is thinking of ALL of you. In less than an hour...
the breathing tube should be out. Call me if you want more intimate details.
God is So Good! Keep Looking UP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is incredible news! Thanks be to God and all the prayers out there.

Randy Nobles

Christy said...

GREAT NEWS!!! What an answer to prayer! Will continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. I look forward to seeing pics of Rick back on the court or the course, whichever comes first!

Anonymous said...

I just want to let you, Rick and the rest of the family that there are a lot of us here praying for him, for you and all the staff that are taking care of him.

May God be glorified through this miracle.

Miguel Rodriguez