The Spirit of God hath made me, And the breath of the Almighty giveth me life.
Job 33:4
Family and friends,
I am pleased to report that my dad's breathing tube is out! They had him breathing on his own for a few hours, then ran some tests and said it was time to get that thing out! Dad kept pointing to it communicating with us that he wanted it out. So now, there is no complaining about that. I told him they were serving meatloaf for dinner! Ha, I got a "THUMBS DOWN" before the tube came out. He is doing well since coming out of his hypothermic therapy session. Praise the Lord! At Kylie's school, Calvary Christian Academy, they have lined up a prayer lunch that will be in about 20 minutes! Amazing how God has worked through these past few days.
Also, my dad and Debbie's church, Calvary Chapel of Fort Lauderdale, as well as the team assembled to provide the emergency aircraft to get them to the Mayo Clinic have had a long and important role in 4 Kids. Therefore, instead of sending of flowers, I know it would be my dad's wishes that a donation be made to 4 Kids of South Florida. You can see information about this organization below and at the following website: www.4kidsofsfl.org
"Over 11 years ago, it was difficult to open the paper without hearing about a crisis in the foster care system in Florida. The nation watched the news with anguish and horror as children were not adequately tracked; some were even lost, disappearing into the system charged with their care. The foster care system was in crisis.
A woman from a South Florida church could no longer read the daily headlines describing the abuse, neglect, and abandonment of children in our community and stay silent. She decided to be their voice. She knocked on any pastor’s door who would listen and educated herself on the foster care system, trusting God would open up people’s hearts and provide for the orphans in our community. A grassroots foster-care ministry, ChildSHARE, was started in South Florida from her vision. Over the years, the name changed to Project Teamwork 4KIDS, and finally, 4KIDS of South Florida, but the mission of “providing hope for kids in crisis” has always remained the same".
If you wish to do something else, we have looked around for a few places around here that we know gift cards would work. This is not to say you need to do either of these things, but this is just for those that have asked. We figure for the day to day things Debbie can use whatever gift cards. These are just a few places we had found. You may send them to the following address:
3807 Hunt Club Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Olive Garden
Walmart
Firehouse Subs
Target
Chili's
Publix
Moe's
Panera Bread
Dunkin Donuts
Hess
Shell
BP
Walgreens (for pharmacy needs)
Again, this is not to say anyone needs to do anything at all but to continue praying as so many prayer warriors have been doing, we just know that many have asked what else they can do to help.
We will send out another update later this afternoon. Please continue to pray for his recovery. Also, check out the blog as there is a video posted under the post "I'm Alive". It's a great song about my dad's attitude on things. http://rickhornsby.blogspot.com/
Ok, now that the medical part of taking the tube is out, maybe my stomach can handle being back in the room.
God rocks!,
Christy
8 comments:
I think one of the most important things we could do to honor this amazing miracle is sign up to be an organ donor ourselves. Through this journey you've shared with us, we've all seen what a life-long gift organ donation is and how many people that one selfless act can touch.
Will continue praying for total restoration of Rick's physical abilities, so that he is able to very soon charge forward with the work that God still hasn't finished through him yet!
I totally agree and have been an organ donor for over 17 years. I continue to pray for Rick every day and for my extended family, I know that with God's blessing Rick will have many more years with us doing the Lord's work. He is one of the most caring people that I have ever meet and I know that God will heal him and coninue to bless his work.
May god bless the donor's family in their grief and Ricks family and friends in their time of concern.
Debbi Music
I'm SO glad things are going so well! We are continuing to pray and love reading the updates. God is so good! The Williams
Love you guys and talking to God all day long in prayer and praise for your family! Cael prays with me during the day and asks God to "help Mr. Rick's bones...oh I mean lungs, right mama?":) Lots of hugs for y'all! Phil 1:3-"I thank God upon every remeberance of you"
Love and Prayers Always, Graaaaace :), Cael and John Herl
Deb,
We missed you at the CrossTrainers fellowship today. There was not one dry eye after Lynn read the update on Rick. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! We miss you and will continue to be lifting the Hornsby family up in prayer.
Love,
Jen Hollingsworth
Hahah there's no Chipotle!
To Uncle Pat's defense Kylie, he told me to put it on there but I figured Mommy and Daddy liked Moe's instead so we didn't put Chipotle on there.
Oh my goodness! I have not checked my email for a few days and look what happened!! We have known your family for years...Olivia and Alexa {twins} went to Masters with Kylie and danced in many talent shows and played many basketball games! We have shared your families mission and strength with many. I cannot begin to express how happy I am for all of you. I feel like waking up my kids now {12:30AM} and telling them that our prayers have been answered! God is good!!
Post a Comment