Talked to dad on the phone tonight. He sounds pretty tired, but in good spirits. Here is what he had to say:
====
Had my first pulmonary rehab today with my new lungs, 11 days out from the transplant. Did the 6 minute walk test without assistance (no supporting O2 or someone walking with me to make sure I didn't fall over) and my O2 levels never went below 97%. Totally God!!! Also did my set of pulmonary function tasks and scores were also even better than the team expected. This is all so amazing, all God!!!
Everyone I see at the hospital recognizes me by name only and can't believe how good I look (I'm hawt) and am responding. During consultation with just myself, Debbie, and our respiratory therapist, the therapist asked us to review the complete history of my lung disease. I shared the story, obviously interjecting and relating God’s perfect timing in this whole journey: how He provided again and again, just the right doctor, the right contact, the right person for each step of the way. It was such a blessing to be able to share our story. The therapist, unsolicited, shared her story with Debbie and me. Her husband passed away of a lung disease seven years ago. As she shared her story, she stopped and apologized “I’m not sure why I’m telling you all this”
I responded by saying “bless your heart [he's is a grandpa, they tend to say things like that], you share what you’re comfortable with” In her final comments she related how, even in her loss, she always felt God’s hand on her life. She is blessed with 5 children, and 12 grandchildren. She finds her job very fulfilling, helping lung transplant patients work through their recovery process. In summary, she agreed, even in her case was totally God.
Debbie and I are just so blessed to have so many loving and caring people in our lives.
====
Administrative note: We've switch the outbound emails to a list format to make it easier on ourselves.
1 comment:
Hahaha! Wonder if Dad will still let you send out updates now? :)
Post a Comment