Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Update from Christy on Prayer Request



I just wanted to send out a quick update to my prayer request. I am happy to announce that my friend Leigh, wife of Capt Nick Giglio (the pilot from our squadron that had a mid air collision back in October) gave birth to a beautiful baby boy yesterday morning. I had talked with her Monday night and she had planned for me to pick her up for our wives coffee, but obviously once again, God proved he had other plans. She got to the hospital yesterday morning around 730 and by 9:03 am, Caleb Giglio had arrived weighing in at 10lbs 1 oz and 22" long. What a baby! I stopped in to see him today and it was weird to hold a barely day old baby that was the size my girls were at like 3 months! It was great to visit with Leigh and still see her in good spirits. As I was getting ready this morning to go see Leigh, I heard the song "Always" by Building 429. It's a song that I can't get out of my head lately and it reminds me of so many things that have gone on the past few months. It especially brings to mind Leigh though almost as though she could be saying the lyrics to others. She found herself in a whole new setting due to a military move, when suddenly her husband didn't come home one night. Not to mention she was 6 months pregnant with their second child. Yet through it all, her faith has not failed or weakened. Here are just some of the lyrics I hear and think of her. Obviously it wasn't a child she lost, but her husband. Through it all, she believes, always.

'Always' (Building 429)
She pulled out a photograph
And my heart just stopped inside She said He would have been three today I miss his smile, I miss his face What was I supposed to say But I believe always always Our Savior never fails Even when all hope is gone God knows our pain and His promise remains He will be with you always



Thank you for your prayers for her and please continue to pray. I know she has mentioned how this would be a tough step for her to make after learning how to live life without her husband and children's father. I can't imagine how this will bring all those emotions back to the surface again. So please keep praying for Leigh and her kiddos, Grace and Caleb.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Praying for Leigh and her children.

I Still Believe (Jeremy Camp)

Scattered words and empty thoughts
seem to pour from my heart
I've never felt so torn before
seems I don't know where to start
but it's now that I feel Your grace falls like rain
from every fingertip, washing away my pain

I still believe in Your faithfulness
I still believe in Your truth
I still believe in Your holy word
even when I don't see, I still believe

Though the questions still fog up my mind
with promises I still seem to bear
even when answers slowly unwind
it's my heart I see You prepare
but its now that I feel Your grace fall like rain
from every finger tip, washing away my pain

I still believe in Your faithfulness
I still believe in Your truth
I still believe in Your holy word
even when I don't see, I still believe

The only place I can go is into your arms
where I throw to you my feeble prayers
in brokeness I can see that this was your will for me
Help me to know You are near

I still believe in Your faithfulness
I still believe in Your truth
I still believe in Your holy word
even when I don't see, I still believe