Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1/12/2010 Update...part 2

Trying to "keep it pithy" as my brother would say, so I figured it was best not to try and tack on to my dad's update but send a quick one of my own. This past weekend, I helped host a baby shower for Capt Giglio's wife, Leigh who is expecting their second child in the week or two (at least that's her line of thinking). For those of you that don't remember, her husband, a pilot in our squadron here had a mid-air collision back on Oct 15 and died. They have daughter, Grace who is 18 or 19 months and Caleb will be making his arrival soon. I had never met Nick or Leigh since they came into the squadron around the time my dad received his original news from the Mayo Clinic that he would only have 6 months to live without a transplant. The afternoon of the transplant, I had emailed all the wives in the squadron and gave them an update on what was happening and asked for their prayers. On the morning of Oct 18th, I arrived at Leigh's house to sit with her for a few hours as a squadron wife representative. I prayed on my way to her house for the wisdom to say the right things as I was also dealing with the loss of a fellow pilot's wife the day before and I had never been in the situation I was about to walk into. As Leigh opened the door and I introduced myself, she simply replied with "How is your dad"? There are a few things in life I will remember being said to me and that is most DEFINITELY one of them. She had never met me and had just lost her husband, but she took the time to ask me how my dad was. I called my dad right after leaving her house and was still in awe of her strength, faith and the peace she brought to me. I am sending this update simply b/c we have mentioned her name in previous updates and I wanted to be able to put a face to the name we have mentioned. I ask that you please continue to pray for her as she prepares to deliver her son and as she has to learn to care for two very young children on her own.

While I'm sending out prayer requests via this forum, please pray for our squadron. 3 months after losing one of our own, our squadron will be headed back to Iraq later this month. We will not be personally going with them since we are moving in just over a month, but we will certainly be on the prayer train.

Thank you for these prayers and obviously for your continued prayers for my dad. Christmas was amazing this year and I enjoyed each moment we got to spend with my dad.

God Bless,
Christy

No comments: