This is just a quick update but wanted to report two praises/prayer requests. An answer to prayer came today as my dad got his pic line out! I can still see the nurse putting that thing in and GAG ME! Of course, my dad got a laugh out of it all b/c he asked to see Eric (my husband) in the blue hat and mask he had to put on since the room was supposed to be sterile when it was happening. Debbie had been down the hall getting coffee or something and somehow I got roped into staying in the room. Sorry Dad, not ever planning to stick around for that again! But in any case, it's GONE! A great relief for my dad. God rocks!
In the prayer request side, my dad mentioned last night in his update the letter he had hand written for the donor family and had turned into the Mayo Clinic. Well the Mayo Clinic contacted my dad today and told him they have approved his letter and it will be forwarded to the donor family. If I remember correctly when I had asked the doctor, this wasn't something they had looked at doing until a little later in the process, so I'm sure God has a reason for it happening sooner rather than later. Please continue to pray for the family as they get this what I'm sure will be incredibly heartfelt letter and probably one of the best/emotional letters they will ever read. No, I haven't read it, nor do I know what it says. I can only imagine what it took for my dad to write it and I know he sat and thought long and hard while talking with God asking for guidance on what to say. Please pray for the family as they read this letter as it really has only been a few weeks since they lost a loved one. Please pray that they will be as encouraged by this letter in this season of their life as each of us has been encouraged by how God has worked through everything with my dad.
Thank you again for your constant prayers and words of encouragement to my dad. It's been fun to laugh about various things with him such as staying up late on a Friday night with Kylie when I'm heading to bed! That makes me feel slightly old. We hope to see him this coming week. It was funny to listen to the girls tonight at dinner as we told them about how much we needed to keep eating the right foods and getting our rest so that we could see G-Man next week. After Eric said "well if Nichole doesn't eat and doesn't get her rest then she'll have to sit in the car while everyone else goes to see G-Man", Emily perked up with "Yea, and G-Man will say 'Where's Nichole? I wanted to see Nichole too' and we'll have to tell him that she's sitting out in the car b/c she didn't eat her dinner and get her rest and now she might be sick". No we wouldn't really leave our kid sitting in the car by herself :) There was more to Emily's response that I can't remember, but Eric and I had to hide our smiles b/c Emily was so serious and was trying to get her point across to Nichole. But we all want to make sure G-Man has only the best and we believe that's what God has given him these past few weeks!
Keep looking up,
Christy
No comments:
Post a Comment