This won`t be as long as my last one, but I wanted to share some new information with everyone.
Monday was a overall good day with rehab and the various schedule we had. On Tuesday, I had labs early in the morning, followed by Xrays and ending with consultation with our transplant co-ordinator and then one of our transplant doctors. We reviewed the results from last weeks bronchoscopy, which was on last Wednesday and since that time, I had been experiencing some decline in my daily breathing tests which I do daily at home. I showed these results to my co-ordinator on Tuesday and he said the doctor would review them with us and that he would explain to me the reason for the declines which was being caused by some things going on in my lungs. As the co-ordinator was telling me this, he said move over here so I can take your blood pressure which I thought was going to naturally go up, but I just took a couple of deep breaths and my blood pressure was almost perfect!!! It was a peace from God at that very moment that must have kept me calm.
Once Dr. Erarmus came in, he spent about an hour with us and shared that I had contracted 2 types of bacteria in my lungs which were revealed in the bronch done on last Wednesday. He said both were treatable [one of the bacteria is the same one I had while in the hosptal and it had reappeared] and that they had a treatment plan which I needed to start right away. Thankfully no IVs, just antobiotics for one and twice daily breathing treatments for the other. Both of these bacteria are not uncommon but that was the reason I was experiencing decline in the results of my daily breathing tests. He said that at this time of recovery the lungs are still healing and once they "heal up and get pink" this will eliminate any bacteria from being able to attack my lungs. It was all very reassuring as he spent alot of time explaining things to us in a way we could understand. The staff at the Mayo continues to be so be so patient with us.
As a result of this, as I went to rehab this morning [11/18/09] I gave them my update and due to how there are other lung transplant patients in rehab at the same time as me, they sent me home and I will now go to a separate time from the rest of the group until the test results show everything is clear. Bottom line, It`s just a bump in the road but very treatable and just knowing and understanding why I felt different makes me feel better already!! Please pray that the treatments take care of these two bacteria. Dr. Erasmus assured us other than fellow lung transplant patients, no one was at risk being around me. That is a blessing in itself. So continue to know God continues to bless us and is in control of our journey through the life.
Lastly, as always please continue to pray for our donor family. I am so grateful and blessed and would look forward to sharing my "God Story" with them if they desire to meet. Keep praying, it`s working.
Love in Christ,
Rick and Debbie
No comments:
Post a Comment