Merry Christmas from our Home in South Florida to each of you. We returned home last Thursday [December 17th] and hit the road running. Debbie and I arrived home at 4pm, unloaded the car, changed clothes and rushed off to Kylie`s basketball game which her team won as it served as a great welcome home greeting. Thanks to Rick Reemer and Mike Sonneborn of Dade Christian School who made a banner for me welcoming me home as Kylie`s team was the visiting team at their school.
The weekend was busy at home putting up Christmas decorations and Sunday was special in that we got to go to our church for the 10:15am worship service.....it was great to be home at our church!!!! What an awesome feeling as we drove up that morning onto the church campus. God has ben so good. The Miracle continues!!
The week has been busy as I was returning to work and balancing Family arriving for Christmas. Ricky got here Sunday night, Debbie`s parents arrived Tuesday and Christy, Eric and the girls arrived in Wednesday.
We all attended the 4:30pm Christmas Eve service together,followed by dinner at the church, along with my brother Steve, the Kelly family and some friends. It was obviously a special time together to celebrate Christ`s Birth and also to be back where we call home. Seeing so many friends both before and after the service was a blessing. It has been such a blessing to know how we have been lifted up in prayer by so many through this journey and knowing the best is yet to come in our journey is exciting. I have been encouraged beyond any expression of words by so many of you. My goal is to honor God, the Mathews family [my donor family] and each of you that prays for us as I live out my life.
I will be returning to the Mayo Clinic on January 4th through the 8th for some of the tests and consultations that were put off for the Christmas Holidays. Debbie will remain home with Kylie as my great friends Mark and Dawn will again assist me while back in Jacksonville.
Please continue to pray our donor family [the Mathews family....the name I have given them until I formally hear from them. The name Mathew means "Gift of God"]. Also as we celebrate Christmas, embrace others who have suffered the loss of a loved one this past year and allow yourself to be used by God to be "His Hands" to love on those who might be struggling.
In closing, Debbie and I are so thankful as we celebrate being home with family and friends. God has been awesome and the Miracle continues. God Bless each of you and your family.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
Rick and Debbie
2 comments:
Merry Christmas Hornsby Family ... and welcome home!! Hallelujah!!!
So glad that you could finally come home! We have prayed for your continued good health and the ability to continue your work for the Lord. Nana Alice
Post a Comment